Happy New Year from all of us at Specialist Consulting
We hope that 2013 is going to be a great year for you and your business.
At Specialist Consulting, our tag line is “Business Solutions for Medical Specialists” and this year, we aim to provide you with offers that focus on effective and practical solutions to help make your business a real success.
Over the Christmas and New Year break, I was able to catch up on some reading and it came to my attention that the most common issue raised by the medical field is risk management, and the need to review plans and evaluate projects on a regular basis.
Risk can come in many shapes and forms when running a business, from compliance risks for your particular profession through to financial risks as a result of new business decisions.
Over the coming months, we will cover issues relating to the following risks and issues you may face in your practice:
• Compliance risks – complying with the laws and regulations of running a business – such as taxation, health and safety and fair trading
• Employee risks – how confident are you that your staff members know exactly how your business works? Do you regularly update your policy and procedure manual?
• Environmental risks – do you have a back-up plan if your business is affected by a natural occurrence such as flooding, power failure etc.?
• Technology risks – how secure is your computer network? Do you have an offsite back-up in place?
• Health risks – to you. What plans do you have in place for business continuation in the event that you are unable to work?
• Education – learning how to operate your business effectively and profitably.
Specialist Consulting and our strategic partners work with you, our clients, to identify any business challenges that need addressing, helping you to achieve best practice.
Stay tuned for more information about risk management and other useful business tips in 2013.